Wednesday, August 11, 2010

all you need is love, it's true

A beautiful thing happened today... I was walking in the city and it had begun to rain. As I approached the train station I noticed a homeless man, sitting against a wall, trying to keep dry. Up ahead of me a small group of schoolkids - maybe 14 or 15 years old - were approaching the man. I thought they were about to give him a hard time when one of the boys reached into his schoolbag, took out his umbrella and offered it to the homeless man. It nearly brought a tear to my eye! What a simple, beautiful act of kindness. Imagine what a wonderful world we could create if EVERYONE took a second to make a random act of kindness each and every day :)

8 comments:

IDREWTHIS said...

Oh LOVE this story, plus the Beatles picture they always take me back to the world my mom and dad grew up in, brilliant!!:)

Shirley said...

What an awesome pic, Bee...I love the beatles..and perfect for such a heartfelt sight..wow, glad to hear you witnessed kindness in action. Yes, if only!
Thanks for poppin' by today!! You make me smile.

bee said...

Ah yes, if you can't tell I am a big ole Beatles fan! Despite the fact they did their thing way before I was born... I think I must've listened to all their albums at least a hundred times hehe! My mum always told me I was born about 25 yrs too late :D

Lark said...

What a lovely story, Bee. And thanks for the ace Beatles pic, I am a huge fan too, I grew up in Liverpool, when we go back this year to visit my mum, we are going to visit John Lennon's aunt's house where he grew up, can't wait! Did you see Nowhere Boy?

So sorry I missed you last week, bah! I met your lovely friend, though! xx

bee said...

Hi Allison! Yes, I'm sorry I missed you too... Liz said she had a lovely chat with you though! How awesome that you grew up in Liverpool! And a Lennon pilgrimage... very exciting :) No I haven't seen Nowhere Boy, sounds like I need to though! xox

Julissa Mora said...

What a beautiful story and just perfect photo to go with it. It's just a reminder to me that I should try even harder to be kind to the world around me. Hope you're having a wonderful day!
Hugs :)

Petite Blasa said...

Wow! Really lovely your text. I agree with you. It would be so simple to get a better world!

Aphrodita Wibowo said...

ooo...u like the beatles too...so do i... they so fab fab fab :).
i made a post yesterday with a same title:
http://theycallmecemprut.blogspot.com/2010/09/all-you-need-is-love.html

xo
dita