Friday, May 28, 2010

sew crazy

I borrowed my sister's sewing machine (thanks sis!) and have been busting to get back into some sewing - something I haven't done since I was in uni. I thought I'd start with some easy projects, so I sewed up a couple of bibs for some friends who have recently had a gorgeous bubba. We're meeting her for the first time on Saturday and I can't wait for cuddles! But after I'd sewn up her bibs, I just couldn't stop, so I did a few more... and now I'm scouring Etsy for cute japanese fabrics to make more... I think this could be the start of an addiction happening! I just have to attach some snaps and they are done. I think I might even get adventurous and try adding some bias binding around the edges now that I have my sewing confidence back. SEW much fun hehe! Oh and if you'd like the pattern I found it at Chickpea Sewing Studio here.

7 comments:

Tamara Henderson said...

These cute!!! I love to sew too but I haven't sewn anything in a very long time. My last project I sewn was a handbag. Have fun!

Unknown said...

They look great! I love the one with birds:)
Have fun sewing!

bee said...

Thanks so much ladies! I will definitely have fun with these, I just bought some more cute fabric last night yippeeee!!

Little House of Limes said...

too cute! long live the faithful old sewing machine :) x

Shirley said...

How cool are these?!! Bee, you're multi-talented! I know your friend will love them for their sweet new baby. Wow, we need lessons from you over here!

Anastasia said...

adorable! well done...i was just saying i wanted to do a basic sewing course soon...

bee said...

Awww thanks lovelies! They really weren't that difficult! The trickiest part was controlling the darn foot pedal heheh :)