Friday, June 4, 2010

mmeeiioooww!


Yesterday the postman delivered a new friend....Meet Miss Kitty - isn't she divine?!  I've always wanted a ceramic black cat - as kitschy as they are - I think they have become one of those quintessential mid-century decorator pieces. I've been looking for a little while to find the perfect cat and when she popped up on Etsy I instantly fell in love! She has such a beautiful shape, don't you think? I purchased her for a song because she had some rhinestones glued to her and some were missing. I've never had a thing for sparkles so I removed all the rhinestones and I think she looks stunning without them! She has a new home here in this little retro corner of our house, I hope she'll be happy here :)

8 comments:

Moira Millman said...

fab kitty! look at those whiskers! who needs rhinestones!
I too have a fondness for china black cats - every home should have one:)

Tamara Henderson said...

She is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Great images of your stylish pet; love your illustration work and blog... Linda

Alexiev said...

Cool cats... good images...

Best wishes from Buenos Aires...

http://www.alexiev.com.ar

Proyectos - Illustrations

Alexiev Store - venta de originales

Nina Crittenden said...

Nice Kitty! She sure found a nice home! Did you do the painting on the wall??? Your work is so fun and charming! :)

bee said...

Thank you for all your lovely comments!
Nina - no I didn't do the painting, wish I could say I did hehe! It's by an artist called Shag, I just love his work :)

Chay said...

of course i love this :) beautiful! <3 youuu

Chris Kennett said...

Ooh I want that Shag! It's one of my favs!