Thursday, June 17, 2010

ripple project

Today I made two cards to contribute to the fantastic 'Ripple' project. Ripple was started by illustrator Kelly Light in an effort to help raise money for the animal rescue effort in the Gulf of Mexico. It has indeed rippled all across the globe - it's great to see artists from all nations contributing pieces to the project.

Please take some time to visit Kelly's Ripple blog HERE and view some of the wonderful art on offer - all available for a donation of JUST $10!!  Here is a little bit about the project:

"Each sketchcard on this blog is $10.00. The $10.00 is a donation to help the animal victims of the Deep Water Horizon Gulf Oil Spill. Every penny is donated. The two Non-Profits that are benefitting are The Institute for Marine Mammal Studies and The International Bird Rescue Research Center. You can purchase a card if you donate directly to one of the non-profits and email me the confirmation and your address"

What a fantastic idea and a fun way to contribute this rather solemn cause. Hopefully my cards will be up for sale soon :)

UPDATE: Both my cards have sold and will be on their way to the USA very soon - hooray! I hope to do some more over the next couple of weeks. Thanks for all your lovely comments everyone, you are too kind :)

11 comments:

Julissa Mora said...

These are sooooo cute Bee! I just love the octopus and hope to buy it before anyone else does :D And thanks for the lovely comments on my blog :)

Shirley said...

WOW, these are LOVELY Bee! I just think these are so hopeful and sweet...and totally will sell in a snap. You rock for contributing to such a good cause.

Kelly Medina said...

These are sooo awesome. Great work!

I've been wanting to contribute to this awesome cause. I couldn't see if there was a certain size the art has to be. What size are yours?

bee said...

Thanks girls, you are very kind :)
Kelly - there isn't a certain size but mine are 4" x 6", that way they are pretty standard and will fit into frames you can buy off the shelf :)

Tamara Henderson said...

Hey Bee, these are wonderful! I'm pretty sure these will sell quick! I started on my last weekend still haven't finished it yet. I did a pen & ink illustrations but I might do something different to it.

Marjolein said...

oow this is soo sweet!

Unknown said...

these are sooo sweet!
Chocolate whales and jelly jelly fish :0)))

Julie Fletcher said...

lovely lovely lovely!!!

Unknown said...

These are so lovely! I have been thinking about doing one too but was too busy with my work.

Maybe tomorrow morning I will draw one!

Btw, I know you have just visited and followed my blog but I have moved to new address here :

http://HaveAMerryDay.blogspot.com

Please come visit me!

Sjan Weijers said...

so cute...!

Amy C said...

these are lovely and for such a great cause